Promotion of psycho-physical development of children in pre-school age
900 children in pre-school age and related families, 100 operators and 500 farmers
Department of Social Welfare (DSW), Local communities, Pyin Nya Sanayae Institute
PIME foundation, Francesca Pecorari Onlus foundation, CEI
This project, started up in 2005, aims to promote the full physical and psychological development of children in rural areas of Myanmar.
In order to reach the General Objective, the project sets following objectives:
- Ensure access to Early Childhood Care and Education to children aged 2-5 years old
- Increase the quality of educational services provided by local organizations, with a special focus on primary education
- Improve livelihoods of families with children in rural areas
To reach these goals we’re organizing following activities:
- Trainings and awareness about childhood and education related topics to teachers, parents, village leaders and local operators.
- Agricultural trainings to children’s parents
- Building of Early Childhood Care Centers in villages where the higher need is detected
- Organization and formation of Centers’ management committees
- Restructuration of primary schools in rural villages
In Myanmar children are starting primary school at 6 years old age and the government, even recognizing the importance of pre-school education, can’t grant an adequate number of early childhood centers.
Lack of this kind of education, jointed with families poverty in rural areas, leads to a very high school drop-out rate, more than 50%, and consequently a concerning illiteracy rate.
In this third chapter of STORIES FROM ANOTHER WORLD, we are going to tell you Nan Su’s story, a young girl who works in our local staff for the I C.A.R.E. programme in Kyaing Tong. Nan Su has a little disabled sister and before working with I C.A.R.E., they didn’t get...
Here is the second chapter of our "STORIES OF THE OTHER WORLD". This week we talk about Than Tun Aung, a boy who wanted to continue studying, but was blocked by fear. Thanks to Dayamit College he managed to overcome his limitations and has now become one of the...
2022 was a good year for our projects in Kyaing Tong, in the eastern part of Shan State: New Humanity continued its activities on rural development, training and disability support and the results are very encouraging for the future! In the AGRICULTURAL SECTOR,...