Promotion of psycho-physical development of children in pre-school age
900 children in pre-school age and related families, 100 operators and 500 farmers
Department of Social Welfare (DSW), Local communities, Pyin Nya Sanayae Institute
PIME foundation, Francesca Pecorari Onlus foundation, CEI
This project, started up in 2005, aims to promote the full physical and psychological development of children in rural areas of Myanmar.
In order to reach the General Objective, the project sets following objectives:
- Ensure access to Early Childhood Care and Education to children aged 2-5 years old
- Increase the quality of educational services provided by local organizations, with a special focus on primary education
- Improve livelihoods of families with children in rural areas
To reach these goals we’re organizing following activities:
- Trainings and awareness about childhood and education related topics to teachers, parents, village leaders and local operators.
- Agricultural trainings to children’s parents
- Building of Early Childhood Care Centers in villages where the higher need is detected
- Organization and formation of Centers’ management committees
- Restructuration of primary schools in rural villages
In Myanmar children are starting primary school at 6 years old age and the government, even recognizing the importance of pre-school education, can’t grant an adequate number of early childhood centers.
Lack of this kind of education, jointed with families poverty in rural areas, leads to a very high school drop-out rate, more than 50%, and consequently a concerning illiteracy rate.
Thanks to the collaboration with the Don Carlo Gnocchi Foundation, we were able to start up a Community Based Inclusive Development program in Dala, Yangon outskirts. Here the story told by Teresa Sassu, their coordinator. The collaboration with Don Carlo Gnocchi...
Last Tuesday, June the 28th, our desk officer Francesca Benigno explained the Myanmar case study during the seminar “Land owners” organized at the Council of the Italian Republic for the presentation of the V report about Land Grabbing in the world, edited by Focsiv....
Since February 2022 until today 211 displaced children in Taunggyi had the chance to attenda school again and to re-gain a bit of hope. Here some updates from our project coordinator of “Do Giaong – Our School”. “Initially established as a rehabilitation center for...